Tuesday 14 May 2013

Camp Happenings



Camp Happenings


Finish each sentence and find an image to go with it


The funniest happening on camp was....Funniest moment was when I was holding a worm I showed milly and she screamed. For the Scavenger Hunt we had to find all these things on the list (feather, pebble etc) One of the things on the list was a warm. We had to dig up the ground to find a worm. We found a really big one. We got back to camp and went up to Milly we opened our hand and she screamed. It was so funny that she was scared of a worm.


The biggest challenge on camp was.... paintball doing the rabbit run with only 1 layer of clothes on and no shoes. My group and our buddy group were doing paintball. I decided I was not going to do it, since I had done it last year and it really hurt. So I was watching everyone else play Paintball and right at the end it was time to do the rabbit run. I asked mr hart if I could play. He said yes. I borrow some pants and a jumper from Sattori since I had just gone up in shorts and a jumper and jandals. I had to do the rabbit run in my socks and when I was running I got shot right in the foot by Mr Hart.





The scariest happening on camp was.... When the boys chased us with the big spider. The girls found a spider in the girl toilets when they were cleaning them. It was a huge spider. All the boys said “come have a look at this” so we all crowd around Tama and the ice cream contain not knowing what was in there as we weren't there when they had found it. He opens the lid and all of a sudden all you hear is screaming of everyone. They chased us around with the spider it was hugeous spider I had ever seen!


The most exhausting moment was …... When I had to kayak for the clash of the camp. On the Friday of Camp we had to do the Clash of the Camp. There was 10 activities and we all had to do at least one. We were in our camp groups. I got chosen to do kayaking as the day before I got the girls record for kayaking which was 1:15 which was the same as the boys record. It was really fun but it was tiring knowing that you have to paddle really hard to try and win.


The most embarrassing moment was.... when I had just beaten the record for mountain biking and so had Travis from room 42. So Mr Hart say “I know why they two are so good, because they have been biking together” That was really embarrassing.


The most dangerous moment was.... when Felila was bouncing on the Tramp at camp and she did a backflip and she landed on her neck back. I was in the kitchen and all we heard was this big scream. She was on the tramp for about 45-1 hour waiting for the ambulance to come. We were all sitting inside waiting for it arrive and hoping felila was ok. She was covered with blankets and the parents were holding her neck because they did’nt want to move it just incase it makes her injury worse. The next day she came back still sore but she did all the activities like normal!


3 things I learnt- I learnt to wear shoes to paintball, how to make a bivouac which we had to sleep in one of the nights at camp, how to make damper which tasted not very nice but it would if it was all you were able to eat if you were in the bush.


2 things I was surprised about- I was surprised that I beat the girls recorded for kayaking. I was surprised that I jumped in the water it was freezing. 

I question I still have- why can’t camp be longer

1 comment:

  1. Great camp reflections Brooke. I like the amount of detail you have added. I could really imagine I was there with you.

    ReplyDelete