Friday 5 July 2013

A most triumphant tale.

The last couple of days we have been performing at bay court for our production. It has been a long week with shows every night but happy that it is over but sad because it has been fun being with everyone. Our first show was infront of other schools. Tauranga primary came and so did more schools. That night we also had a performance it was our real first performance in front of adults. I was in 3 scenes. The next day we had a night show. That was the best. The audience was cheering and it made you want to smile and enjoy what you are doing.

Thursday our last day. I arrive at school ready to catch the bus when Mrs Storey came up to me and said "Islah is sick, can you take her part"? I said yes. I had to learn her lines because she was in one demension which meant she was one of the leads. We arrive at bay court and I get my make up done and started learning the new dances and lines because I wasn't in all the dances she was in.

Our first performance was to our own school. I was pretty nervous as I had only danced on the stage never had to talk. I got all mic up and went to the stage with Mackenzie and got a sound check. Then the curtain comes and it's all on. I was in scene three. Then it was my turn we go on stage and the music starts. I try and remember all the moves and I did. I just forgot to lip sync the lines.

We go off stage we have a quick costume change we only had about 2 minutes to get fully unchanged and into our next costume. We go on stage. I was talking in this scene. I sat down and was on my phone. I start talking I could hear my voice going through the speakers. I try and remember all my lines. I think I did we'll. next costume change was into rumour has it. I remember to lip sync in this one. This dance was fun because we had the choir and everyone singing.

Once we are off stage another quick change into our final countdown. I finally get change and I was on stage. Remembering my dance that was my best one. Then we had a break. My next one was swan lake.  Quick costume change into no digety. I loved that one that was fun. Then we had th curtain call that was fun because I got to go on with one dimension.

It was such a good experience. I loved it. I wish it went longer but everyone is very tired and tried there best. Mrs storey and Jessica Ross directed and wrote the script.


No comments:

Post a Comment